Monday, January 30, 2012

Live Christ

"For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life." - Romans 5:10

Set right in the middle of Paul's amazing theological treatise in Romans, this verse just pops with the real life I was talking about in the last post.  We have been reconciled to God through Jesus' death, now how much more shall we be saved by his life.  Now that's a promise!

How much time do I take to ponder the new life we have in us?  How often do I think about this great promise of salvation?  How much do I believe the reality that Christ not only died for me, but now lives to save his children IN THIS LIFE?

Not often.  Sadly I think about it a lot, but do I revel in it and rejoice?  I don't think so...

But that's the promise: that God's very own Son is living, breathing and active in Philip Long's (insert your name) life taking him from glory to glory.   I will be thankful forever that my sins are forgiven and that I'm reconciled to God, but am I thankful daily, that each day I wake up on this planet is a day that Jesus Christ will work in Philip?

This is bold stuff.  This is the stuff that has had saints passionately giving their lives away to the cause of God's Kingdom throughout history.  Why?  Because it's God, and with God "anything's possible" and I'd say all bets are off.   

Good stuff.  Live Christ, live.

No comments: