Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Talitha Cumi

"Taking her by the hand he said to her, 'Talitha cumi,' which means, 'little girl, I say to you, arise.'" - Mark 5:41

Teya, my 6 year old, doesn't like to pray.  I think she's only prayed once at dinner.  And I've never heard her pray elsewhere.  I miss her voice talking to Jesus.

Sure as a parent I have a million worries over my child:  Will she grow up to love Jesus?  Will she understand she is loved?  Will she search for love in all the wrong places?

But this afternoon, as I was reading in Mark, I read this verse that comforted me.  It reminded me that Jesus is the one who raises the dead.  And he is the one who furiously loves my daughter.

I am confident that I will one day hear Teya pray.  One day she will invite me in.  But for now I have to rest in the fact that her relationship with Jesus (which I believe runs pretty deep) is growing.

Why?  Because I know that Jesus says over my little girl "Talitha cumi."  I think I'm going to join him in praying it.