Monday, February 6, 2012

"Cinnamon Toast"

"He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake."  Psalm 23: (something)

My five year old, Teya, smacked her lips, put down her cinnamon toast, leaned across the table from me and whispered with menace in her voice "cinnamon toast."  I was prepared for anything but not the cinnamon toast threat.  No!!!

I don't know why my daughter threatened me with cinnamon toast this morning, but as I'm getting older, I'm learning that we don't have to know everything.  In fact the more ignorance the better I say (not really, but in some areas yes).

When it comes to God being our Shepherd King, the fact that he "leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake" is a source of great comfort and satisfaction for me.  I don't have to know exactly where I'm going, but I know he's leading me in a good direction.

Just as Teya's thoughts and actions are tied to mine since she's my child (though they involve inexplicable threats) I rejoice because she is mine.  May she threaten many people today with cinnamon toast for my name's sake.

I believe Teya's weird threat is yet just another hint of how God loves as he leads us.  It's a family thing.

 

No comments: