Friday, October 19, 2012

Words

I don't have long to post something, but as I'm learning brief and to the point is better.  At least that's what I'm banking on.  I'm also banking on having something to say.

But I have to admit, sometimes I just like seeing words scrolling across my blank page, and thinking "I made those words.  I played a part in their creation."

Not to be cheesy or over-spiritual, but my desire to create and produce is definitely connected to the God whose image I bare.

There is something magical about God speaking creation into place.  I believe it's the sort of deep magic that CS Lewis writes about.

I don't think God waved a wand when he made creation, and it was certainly infinitely more than watching words scroll across a page as his fingers made neat little clicking sounds on a keyboard.

But when I watch ideas take shape in the form of writing, it's a real thrill, and I know who I have to thank.