Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Still Bloggled


They say that want-to-be writers should write every day. "They" being the published writers.

But "they" tend to imply that writing is a chore. "They" say lots of stuff. "They" are snobs and I don't like "them" (just kidding, I'm just enjoying putting quotation marks everywhere). I actually enjoy the process of writing (nerd-alert). And I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be because I am mastering the art of really bad writing. Alas, some of us must write the really bad stuff so that people can read stuff and say "Oh, that was really good!"

If you've read me much (that sounds weird - "Hey Bob, I was reading you yesterday.") you'll know that I mostly like to write train of thought. I'm not sure but that might be bad. I should google it. But I say to heck with it, I like watching my own pretty trains of thought go by in black and white. Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh they go.

I like to express and explore not only what's going on in the inside but to see more clearly what going on. And what is going on? Lots! We live in a world of perpetual "goings on" and while it can be tiresome to process the entire world, it's really interesting, and it's a world worth writing about and worth investing in with creative thought. Or um, at least semi-creative thought. Or at least thought.

Most of all I think that what makes me enjoy the process of writing is that I have a small keyboard that perfectly matches my small hands. And it's one of those keyboards that makes a utopian little click with every keystroke. It's extremely satisfying.

So I write all of this really profound stuff just to celebrate the fact that this is my 150th blog post! Yeah! And if you've read them all, I'll send you a t-shirt along with my condolesces.

I also want to thank all of you, yes you Arakmajad Smith from IZAKURTISTANIANSWEATERVEST, who are out there in cyberspace, are reading my posts and enjoying them. I also want to thank those of you who hate my posts but read them because they make you mad.

It's fun writing knowing that someone out there is reading. And with the whole cyber-space thing, it's sort of like letting go of balloons and watching them float off into the distance and wondering where they'll wind up. Hopefully not in some poor gooses throat. With each post, I worry that I may be killing a goose.

And on one last closing note (I feel like I'm receiving an award - albeit one from myself, which are the best kinds, because you get yourself exactly what you want!) my mind is still "bloggled" and looks like it will be for a long time to come!

No comments: