Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Airports


Here I sit in Denver International Airport surrounded pretty normal people. It's weird that there's not more weirdness. Airports are usually a comic writer's paradise. Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for "normal."

There are a few things that have been buzzing through my head, as, apparently, I'm the only unusual person around. So here you go:

1. Why do I always want to talk about plastic explosives when I'm going through security?
2. Will even typing "plastic explosives" get me in trouble?
3. Why, if signage at airports are for anyone that is on an 8th grade learning level, is it so easy to get lost?
4. Why is my gate always, and I do mean always, the farthest gate away?
5. Why do airports make people fall asleep in unusual positions?
6. Shouldn't they get rid of morbid and ominous words like "I'm-to-young-to-die-terminal" "I'm-not-a-cow-gate" and "I-don't-want-to-go-anywhere-stewardess"?
7. Why do airports look like something out of Star Wars? And wouldn't it be so cool if I was in Star Wars, running around and shooting Storm Troopers with my laser gun.
8. And finally, why aren't people terrified out of their minds? I mean we're about to get on a 5 ton piece of metal and other stuff and GO UP IN THE AIR!

Anyhow, I don't have much spiritual stuff to write today, but I've decided to write more often the short thoughts I have, as well as keep up the devotional writing. Thanks for reading. I hope I don't die!

No comments: